how can we help you?
We provide telephone and in-person consultations on ethics and law practice issues. Some typical areas for consultations include:
- Conflicts of interest
- Retainer agreements
- Communicating with represented and I represented parties (Rules 4.2 and 4.3)
- Withdrawing from representation
- Navigating ethics restrictions on marketing
- Multi-jurisdictional practice
- Lawyer departures from law firms [highlight and link to other page]
- Bar admissions [highlight and link to other page]
The best way to initiate a consultation is to call or e-mail Eric or Nick. We need to know whether your questions involve the conduct of another lawyer or law firm so that we can check for conflicts.
Pricing for consultations: The first 15 minutes of a consultation with a new client is free. After the first 15 minutes, we charge at our hourly rates with a minimum charge of $225 for consultations with Eric and $150 for consultations with Nick. We have found that this arrangement allows lawyers to feel comfortable calling to ask a brief question but still permits us to charge for our legal advice for more complex matters.
Returning clients are subject to the minimum charge regardless of how short the call is, although we still exercise discretion over whether to charge for very brief questions.